Project Proposal: A Brand Development of the High-end Italian Restaurant Bella Vita
Throughout this term, I would like to continue, polish and complete my Studio Arts Capstone for this class. This project is about creating a brand development of the high-end Italian restaurant Bella Vita in Boston, which will be installed through a multitude of brand components, such as a brand guide, bar and food menus, printed business card designs, pen designs, and an acrylic sign design all propped up on two large floating shelving units, except for the acrylic sign hanging from the wall above. The installation will be looking as follows - displaying the brand elements in the following order: food menu, bar menu, brand book, pen and business card designs:
This project is inspired by my interests in the hospitality and restaurant sector and serves to add onto my previous design skills and experiences in hospitality-related branding and promotional design. Previous portfolio projects include a brand development for the fictional sip 'n savor coffee shop in Boston, and a real estate branding of the LxClover - a multifunctional property holding office spaces, apartments, restaurants and high-end retail all in one.
What I will be specifically working on this term is to edit the brand guide, food and bar menus, and business card design, as well as create a pen and acrylic sign design using the brand's logo. Throughout the first half of the term, I will be editing the writing and history of the brand guide, adding a website design to a spread, color correcting some pages and add images with their pertinent links. Moreover, I will be editing the prices of meals on the menus, and generally polish them and the brand guide. Then, I will be sending out all printed materials, including the pen and acrylic sign designs, out for printing and go through two separate processes of refining these designs and sending them off to printing again.
During the second half of the term, I will be wrapping up my capstone, submitting my artist statement, installing the show, taking professional photographs of all of it and then adding them to my portfolio with descriptions, and finally researching some galleries and or competitions I could possibly send my work into, especially in the Boston area, which is where I will be going after graduation. I am excited to see where this process takes me.
To sum, my checkpoints for the term are as follows:
- April 14: finalizing the brand guide, except for online presence spread, which entails:
- editing the writing
- color correcting pages and images
- completing image research and linking all images
- April 28: refining the brand guide and menus, which entails:
- designing the online presence section for the brand guide, involving a web design
- editing the pricing of meals on the menus
- refining and polishing the brand guide and menus
- sending out all designs for printing
- sending all designs out for printing and making final changes and adjustments based off the physical feedback in two separate cycles
To close out, below I have attached a few additional images of what I have already designed throughout the past winter term, which does not include all previous completed work, however, only some:

I love that you're continuing with a marketing approach to your project. Especially how you stick with a color pallet and maintain a good balance of images being the center of attention while keeping the font legible. On top of that, too, materializing your design is honestly really cool!!
AntwortenLöschenThis is great! It is so apparent how much time you have sunk into this project and I can't wait to see how it looks presented in a installation setting the way you described in class.
AntwortenLöschen