Self-designed New Media Work - Final Evaluation, Discussion and Presentation
Last week, I successfully finalized this project. Recent changes included making minor text adjustments, refining spreads in response to margin and bleed expectations, thus readjusting the sizing for the online presence section, adjusting the order of the wine list to ensure alphabetical listing, sending new prints off to printing, installing and documenting the show, and photographing the installation at last.
Overall, the work has become a living text / score since its sheer digital presence has shifted into a physical, interactive embodiment and experience of the brand over time, then was concluded in a photographic documentation of it. In certain ways, the brand has text-like qualities because of how I re-imagined, re-composed, and re-performed it through different digital and physical means. Just like a text, I brainstormed it (initial ideation stage), wrote it (first designs), edited it (later designs from different printing cycles), expanded on it (installation), condensed it (photographic documentation), and finalized/refined it (presentation).
Note: The Senior Exhibition Show Opening was also on Friday, May 30, which was a great success. You can still view the work until June 21, if you are interested in seeing it in person. Experiencing the work that way also made me realize that I would no longer like to send it into competitions at this point.
Finally, here are some images of the installation view that can also be found in my cumulative presentation (here).




Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen